Date9ja.com is committed to keeping you safe
- Date9ja is committed to keeping you safe
- Personal data protection
- Profile content verification
- Full control over contacts
- Dating Safely Tips
Date9ja.com is committed to keeping you safe
- Profiles verified upon registration
- Inappropriate profiles detected and deleted
- Help us by reporting inappropriate behaviour:
- Click on ‘Report this profile’ from the profile page or Date9ja.com Messenger
- Click on ‘Report this profile’ from an email
- Date9ja.com will check every report that it receives and will take the necessary measures, ranging from a warning to deleting a profile.
Personal data protection
Your personal data is handled in the strictest confidence (email address, telephone number & real identity)
- Under no circumstances will Date9ja.com divulge this information to another member of the site.
- You are the only who who can reveal this information to another member, in accordance with Date9ja.com’s Terms and Conditions.
Profile content verification
- Ads and photos are systematically checked by our moderation team before being published on the website.
- Cohesion verification between the information provided in a profile, the photo and the ad.
- Any photos, ads or profiles that are inappropriate, vulgar or do not adhere to the terms and conditions will be rejected.
- Date9ja.com promises to never create false profiles in order to boost search results and the number of single members.
- Date9ja.com promises to not employ hostesses or to install robot software in order to boost the number of Date9ja.comes and messages on the website.
Dating Safely Tips
How to Date Safely
At Date9ja.com, user safety is a priority. We understand that meeting someone for the first time whether online, through an acquaintance or on an outing is intriguing and exciting. However, your safety is very important: because you are in control of your Date9ja experience, there are certain safety steps that you should follow while dating – both online and offline.
We ask you to read the tips and information below, and strongly urge you to follow these guidelines in the interest of your personal safety and well-being. Remember, that you are always the best judge of your safety and these guidelines are not intended to be a substitute for your own judgment.
- Never Send Money or Financial Information
Never respond to any request to send money, especially overseas or by bank transfer, and report it to us immediately – even if the person claims to be in an emergency. Sending money is like sending cash: the sender has no protections against loss and it’s nearly impossible to reverse the transaction or trace the money..
- Protect Your Personal Information
Never give personal information, such as: your national insurance number, credit card number or bank information, or your work or home address to people you don’t know or haven’t met in person.
Note: Date9ja will never send you an email asking for your username and password information. Any such communications should be reported immediately.
- Be Web Wise
Until you have met someone in person, keep all communication within the Date9ja platform. Scammers will try to move conversations with you to personal messaging, email and phone services. This is how most offences happen, because our moderators can no longer monitor their activity.
You can block and report concerns about any suspicious user anonymously from their profile page or messaging window.
- Report All Suspicious Behavior
- Asking you for money or donations.
- Requesting photographs.
- Minors using the platform.
- Members sending harassing or offensive messages or emails.
- Members behaving inappropriately during or after meeting in person.
- Fraudulent registration or profiles.
- Spam or solicitation, such as invitations to call numbers you don’t recognize or attempts to sell products or service.
Meeting someone new in person is exciting, but always take precautions and follow these guidelines to help you stay safe.
- Get to Know the Other Person
Keep your communications on the Date9ja platform and really get to know users online/using the app before meeting them in person. Scammers often push people to communicate off the platform immediately. It’s up to you to research and do your due diligence.
- Always Meet and Stay in Public
Meet for the first few times in a populated, public place – never in a private or remote location and never at your date’s home or apartment. If your date pressures you, end the date and leave at once.
- Tell Your Friends and Family Members of Your Plans
Inform a friend or family member of your plans and when and where you’re going. Make sure you have your cell phone charged and with you at all times.
- Use your own transportation
You need to be independent and in control of your own transportation to and from the meeting, especially in case things don’t work out.
- Stay Sober
Consumption of alcohol and/or other drugs can impair your judgment and potentially put you in danger. It’s important to keep a clear mind and avoid anything that might place you at risk. Be aware that scammers might try to take advantage of you by altering your beverage(s) with synthetic substances.
Date9ja welcomes everyone and empowers our community of users to create and cultivate relationships. An important aspect of any healthy relationship though – whether formed on Date9ja or otherwise – is ensuring proper sexual health and safety. And as an essential member of the Date9ja community it is your responsibility to make sure you do the following, if you choose to engage in sexual activity.
- Protect Yourself
You and your partner should use proper protection. Condoms and other mechanisms can significantly reduce the risk of contracting or passing on an STI, such as HIV. However, you can still get certain STIs, like herpes or HPV from contact with your partner’s skin even when using a condom. To be effective, however, protective measures must be used consistently.
- Be Open and Honest
It is completely reasonable to have a conversation with your partner regarding sex and sexual contact before actually having it. All issues ranging from the number of partners each of you has had, to the last time each of you was tested for STIs are fair game. Many STIs are curable or treatable. If either you or your partner has an STI that is curable, you both need to start treatment to avoid becoming re-infected. It is important to be completely honest in these conversations.
The risk of contracting some STIs can be reduced through vaccination. Talk to your doctor or a professional at a sexual health clinic to learn more.
- Know Your Status
Know your status. Some STIs don’t show symptoms. Regular testing is critical to staying on top of your health and helping prevent the spread of STIs. After testing, always ask for a copy of your test results so you are sure of your status.
For Further Help, Support or Advice
Additionally, please also report any incidents of a serious nature or suspicious profiles to Date9ja on 08037976056, or by email.
Date9ja works closely with the Online Dating Association (ODA) to promote safe practice by its members and raise safety awareness. You can find the ODA Date Safe guidance for consumers here. This provides further helpful tips on how to keep online dating an enjoyable, safe and fun experience.